For any event manager who loves a good exhibit hall that seems to stretch for miles, wants to meet up with old and new friends, or simply enjoys learning, the IMEX America event in sunny Las Vegas is always a treat. This year’s show was as fantastic as always. Here are some of our favorite wow-worthy moments.
- Did you check out the interactive Tech Zone? It was one of our favorite spots added to the expanded event floor that offered more ideas to event planners looking for new ways to interact and engage with attendees. If you participated in one of the sessions in the blow-up igloos, wearing a headset and asking questions through audience response systems, share it for us on social?
- The Events Industry Council honored some of our favorite trendsetters, including Corbin Ball and Deborah Sexton. This year’s 23rd Hall of Leaders and Pacesetter Awards Celebration recognized the achievements of 4 industry pioneers and emerging leaders who have changed the landscape of the events and hospitality profession but changed the culture of business as well.
- Association for Women in Events hosted five 2018 Women in Events Hall of Fame inductees on the trip and honored them with the help of IMEX Group CEO Carina Bauer at a Women in Events Happy Hour.
- Smart Monday, sponsored by MPI, brought the association learning front and center. Nearly 850 people arrived a day early to attend educational sessions at Smart Monday. We especially loved the Julius Solaris keynote, feeling that the topic of leaving a legacy is timely.
- According to Smart Meetings, a record number of business cards changed hands at the eighth annual IMEX America in Las Vegas as some 70,000 formal private meeting appointments (learn more about adding private meeting scheduling to your next event) took place at Sands Expo in a complexly refreshed Venetian Palazzo experience. That number included 64,000 individual appointments, an increase of 7 percent. A total of 70 percent of those appointments had RFPs attached, according to reports from the closing press conference of the three-day event this week.
Want more? Check out IMEX’s full recap. See you in Frankfurt!Tags: Frankfurt, IMEX, international events, Las Vegas, private meeting scheduling, tradeshow